The smell of that French roast in the morning allows your eyes to open with a smile and not a frown. The caffeine helps get your brain kick started and your body moving faster than a zombie. I know, you LOVE your coffee. It’s a habit, it’s a ritual, it may be an addiction. And, NO, coffee is not bad for you (depending on how much you drink and what you put in it), however, generally speaking something in the coffee bean tends to antidote remedies. So, it’s tough to start homeopathic care without taking some time off your favorite morning beverage. Here’s why it might be worth trying anyway:
- You could be sick a lot less and feel better every day. I promise if you have something severe like migraine headaches, irritable bowel, asthma, psoriasis, or chronic sinus infections and your symptoms could be completely GONE by using homeopathy, the lack of coffee will be WAY worth it. Some clients find that their coffee habit was actually causing some problems and they feel somewhat better after just stopping coffee.
- It could be a money saver. Coffee can be expensive if you have not just a coffee habit, but a purchasing coffee habit. If you have a $2 coffee daily, you could be paying for monthly professional homeopathic care and remedies for less than it costs for your morning beverage.
- Tea is pretty awesome. There are tons of ways to drink tea (hot, cold, fermented) and it’s the most widely ingested beverage in the world aside from water. There are lots of great flavors and reasons to drink tea and it can help replace the caffeine that you were getting in your coffee (it’s not caffeine that’s the problem).
- When you are chronically not feeling good (regardless of how or why) doing an elimination diet is always a great step. My basic rules are to eliminate soy, wheat, dairy, corn, refined sugar, and caffeine. This would include coffee and caffeinated teas. Elimination diets are hard. Especially when you have a family and work and life going on, but eliminating just the coffee and starting with Homeopathy First might get you feeling better and you wouldn’t need to do the in depth elimination diet.
- If it’s that hard to stop, and not worth stopping in order to feel better, it is probably an addiction. Stopping any addiction is empowering. You might think you NEED your coffee, but after a week or two you will see that you really don’t NEED it, you just want it. This can then be applied to any other crutches you may have in your life. Stop your coffee just to prove to yourself that you can!
After all that great reasoning for stopping coffee, I will admit that I do have several clients who (GASP!) still drink coffee and their homeopathic remedy still works. They have used homeopathy for many years and know exactly when they need to cut back on their coffee or take increased doses of their remedy to keep it active. They also took some time off coffee (I recommend at the very minimum 6 weeks) at the beginning of their care with me, so they know what their remedy has done for their health. So, there is hope that you can have a cup of joe at some point, even if your remedy works wonders and you never want the effect of your homeopathic remedy to wear off.
I will admit that the only full cup of coffee I have ever drank in my life was in Honduras when the beans were literally JUST roasted, and it was good. I have never loved coffee, it just tastes bitter to me, but I have an obsession with tea. I do not sell tea, nor do I sell Teechino (which apparently tastes like coffee but isn’t coffee and some clients have loved), and I really don’t have anything against coffee. I just want you to feel better, and I don’t want coffee to be a roadblock to you trying Homeopathy First!